It’s summer. It’s end of the long 4th of July weekend. And it’s HOT here in NYC! Though we worked and studied over the past few days, we did make time to enjoy the company of others, which included an office party and a picnic in Central Park. For each, I made a Margarita Fruit Salad as dessert, which was pretty simple to do. In fact, you can mix together your favorite fruits with a margarita-style “dressing” for the 21 and over crowd!
What’s great about this recipe is that you can use just about any fruit combination you like. However, I probably wouldn’t recommend bananas. Hey, but if you LOVE them, try it out!
Chilled Margarita Fruit Salad
Source: Mac & Artie & Tequila
- 7-8 cups of your favorite fruit, cut and chopped (I used melons, strawberries, blueberries and oranges)
- 1/4 c. of organic raw sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. of orange marmalade or strawberry or black cherry preserves
- 1/2 c. of your favorite tequila
- Pink Himalaya salt to finish (optional)
- Add your cut and chopped fruit to a large bowl. Sprinkle sugar and toss.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, marmalade or preserves and tequila until well combined
- Pour mixture over fruit and toss together.
- Cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap and chill in freezer for about 2-4 hours
- Before serving, sprinkle a couple of dashes of Pink Himalaya salt (optional)
- If you want to be the host(ess) with the most(ess), have each guest run a lime wedge around the rim of a dessert glass and roll it in salt or sugar before ladling fruit into it.
- Rather drink than eat your fruit salad, simply blend up the salad with some ice cubes and you’re all set!
- Don’t drink, replace the tequila with cold water. Coconut water is also a nice option!