Today, Artie and I will be off to do some pumpkin picking in Newburgh, NY. We love fresh pumpkins. You can do so many things with them, food wise. You’ve seen a couple of recipes we’ve put together so far, but we really hope to branch out more. What’s also great is that pumpkins are good for you! They have a number of health benefits to them:
- They’re a great source of Vitamin A and fiber
- Because of the fiber, they’re filling…and good for weight loss/management
- They’re lower in calories (without the pie crust and whipped creme, of course)
- They’re lower in carbs, if you’re watching that sort of thing
- They are a good source of protein, especially the seeds
- The seeds are also great for your skin, immune system and mood
There are a TON of great resources around online and off about pumpkins and health! Search them out!