I’ve decided not to write much on this mousse dessert I made. I’ll just say that I didn’t know that pumpkin and chocolate could go together so nicely. Try it out and let us know what you think? Better yet, what are your favorite foods to have with chocolate. Let us know!
Source: Macaroon with Too Much Pumpkin Puree
- 1 c. unsweetened soy milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon or allspice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, mix soy milk and pumpkin puree and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and whisk in sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch until mixture starts to thicken. Then, whisk in vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour mixture into serving cups, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to complete setting
- Enjoy with some vegan whipped cream, with chocolate bits or as it is.
I added in bits of Fig & Fennel Bark from Lagusta’s Luscious to my mousse! YUM!