I wanted to make a tabbouleh salad, but we were staying away from bulgar wheat for the time being. Taking some leftover brown rice we had from Monday’s dinner, I decided to make a tabbouleh-inspired rice salad with fresh mint and parsley. I chopped tomatoes and cucumbers that we picked during our trip to Weed Orchards over the weekend. With a bit of lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and spice, the salad was rather refreshing.
Source: Mac-Attack for Tabbouleh
- 2 c. brown rice, cooked (rice should be cool)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 c. cucumber, cubed
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt (substitute) and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together until well-combined. Serve.