Not much of a write-up on this one. It was one of our “quick whip-ups” for dinner, which turned out nicely.
Pan-Seared Balsamic Tofu
Source: Mac and Artie’s Saucepan
- 6-8oz. extra firm tofu, sliced or cubed
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- Dash of crushed red pepper, cracked black pepper and sea salt (or salt substitute)
- Place tofu in a small dish and drizzle with balsamic. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and add garlic. Saute until lightly brown before adding onion. Cook until onion becomes translucent
- Add tofu to saucepan and sprinkle half of the oregano. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn over. Sprinkle remaining oregano. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve on plates with dashes of crushed red and cracked black peppers and salt.