What does one write about iced tea? I don’t have the faintest idea. I know I like it, preferably naturally sweetened with no junk in it. I like it green, herbal, with lemonade or with a variety of fruit.
This past weekend was so hot. Nothing else cools things down like a nice tall glass of iced ice. The summer is great time to experience with flavors. So I decided to play around with peaches and nectarines this time around.
My mom, a tea connoisseur, gave me ideas over the years. She would brew her teas in a variety of ways, using flowers, fruits and the sun! She also told me about making a nice fruit puree to add to teas. So using her kitchen wisdom, I made a white peach and nectarine iced tea to change things up after filling up on water throughout the day to keep hydrated. It just hit the spot!
White Peach & Nectarine Iced Tea
Source: Momma Macaroon’s Solution to a Summer Day
Makes 64 ounces
- 6 c. water + 2 c. water
- 6 bags of orange pekoe tea
- 2 c. peach & nectarine puree (see recipe)
- 1 c. sugar (optional)
- Pour 6 c. water into a medium saucepan and bring to a full boil. Remove from heat
- Add the tea bags and cover saucepan. Steep for 30 minutes
- Pour tea into a 64oz. pitcher. Stir in puree, sugar, if using, and 2 c. water
Our White Peach and Nectarine Puree
Source: Momma Macaroon’s Suggestion
Makes approximately 3 cups
- 2 white peaches, chopped
- 2 white nectarines chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Place all ingredients in blender. Puree mixture until smooth