Last night, we wanted pasta, salad and some BBQ. We wanted it quick. So, Artie heated up a couple of Morningstar Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets and while I whipped up a macaroni salad. It was darn good!
I have to add that Summer ain’t Summer without macaroni salad!
Macaroonie’s Spicy Macaroni Salad
Source: Saturday Night Quick Dinner
- 1lb macaroni, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 c. Veganaise
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour drained pasta into a large bowl. Toss in the vegetables. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Veganaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, garlic and onion powders and dill weed until well blended
- Carefully fold the Veganaise mixture into the pasta and vegetables. Add a dash of cayenne and season with salt and pepper to taste. Give a quick stir and serve.