The 7-Day Salad Challenge has come and gone. By Monday, the day after our finale dish of Chef Salad Pita Pockets, we had a good amount of Дуэт Пищи: The Food Duo’s Russian Dressing left in the refrigerator. What to do…what to do? Well, make Mick-Pita Pockets, our take on a Big Mac sandwich! Essentially, they are veggie burgers served in pitas with Russian dressing with veggies. Nothing fancy, but really good with a side of fries!
Source: The Macaroon and Artichoke Doing Nothing Fancy
- 4 pitas
- 4 Gardein Beefless Burgers
- 1/2 c. vegan Russian dressing (see our recipe here)
- 1 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 c. half-sour pickle slices
- 4 slices of vegan cheese, optional
- Prepare burgers according to package instructions*
- Cut off about 1″ off the top of each pita, and open to form a pocket
- Spread 1 Tbsp of the dressing inside of each pita, then fill 1/4 c. romaine lettuce, tomato, pickle and cheese (if using)
- Slide in the burger
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of dressing over the top of each pita pocket before serving
*Note: you can either cook the burger and keep it whole, or crumble before adding to pita pockets.