Today starts The Food Duo’s 7-Day Salad Challenge. Artie and I have decided that to make an effort to try to eat healthier. So we’re testing ourselves by having at least one full meal being a salad a day for 7 days.
We haven’t fully come up with our menu for the week, but we’re going to try different types of salads over the next few weeks. Our first salad was a pretty simple one, but very filling thanks to the tofu! I’d totally recommend this salad with a vinaigrette, rather than a cream dressing.
Monday Night Simple Salad
Source: Mac & Artie Being Too Tired To Get Complicated and Fancy
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 8oz of extra firm tofu, diced
- 1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 1/4 c. shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl
- Serve salad on plates or bowls, and drizzle your favorite dressing