My Cuisinart bread machine has been my new best friend in the kitchen since my birthday. I just throw ingredients together, pick my settings and let it go. I can spend the next 3-4 hours doing nothing while it mixes, kneads, rises, rests and bakes.
A few moments ago, I took a lovely crusty whole wheat loaf out of the machine. It was almost like an artisan bread. The recipe came from the user’s guide with just one tweak. The recipe called for honey. I replaced it with agave nectar.
True 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1.5 c. water at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. honey (I used agave nectar)
- 4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. vital wheat gluten
- 1 pkt. active dry yeast
- In the pan of bread machine, affix the paddle/mixer.
- Add ingredients in order listed
- Turn on machine to “Whole Wheat” setting
- Loaf should be fully baked in under 4 hours.