|A apple-y breakfast treat with a cool new mug!|
On Saturday, we stopped by a farmer’s market in lower Manhattan while buzzing around town. There, one of the vendors had a good variety of apples for sale. We picked up a couple of Golden Delicious and some Lady apples. Immediately, an apple muffin came to mind, yet I couldn’t be bothered to bake anything. I saved that for Sunday.
I searched the web for vegan apple muffin recipes. The first one I saw, being on Food.com, looked pretty good to me, especially since I had all of the ingredients in the fridge and kitchen cabinets. It took no time to make.
The muffins are yummy. We’ve been eating them for breakfast everyday this week. I’m definitely making these again!
Vegan Apple Muffins
Yields 12 scrumptious muffins
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups plain soy milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease muffin tins.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate vessel.
- Add wet to dry and mix well. Batter will be lumpy.
- Mix in chopped apple.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.