Source: The Macachoke Kitchen
Serves 6-8 (depends on who’s eating)
- 4 c. water
- 2 c. long grain brown rice
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 c. red and/or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp. soy margarine
- 1 c. cooked Brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add brown rice to water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, then lower to a simmer, covering saucepan with lid. Cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- While rice is cooking, in a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for approximately 5 minutes
- Add peppers and lower heat. Slowly cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When rice has finished cooking, remove from heat and take off lid.
- Stir in margarine, Brussels sprouts, peppers and onion. Season rice with salt and pepper