I wasn’t much of a blueberry fan until recently. All of the sudden, this summer, I couldn’t get enough for them. Pretty much every bunch I got was good!
I was down my last cup of them this weekend. So I decided to try something a little different. I made my own vinaigrette dressing with them. It came out really good with a nice subtle hint of blueberry. Now, I have to try to do this with other fruits.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 packets stevia
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 to 6 tbsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Melt margarine in sauce pan. Add blueberries and cook until juices begin to mix with margarine.
- Reduce heat, stir in the vinegar and stevia, and let mixture simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a bowl. Mix in the olive oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- When mixture is cooled, whisk in the mustard and parsley flakes, until well-combined. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a re-sealable container. It should keep in the refrigerator for approx. 2 weeks.
For you Willy Wonka and blueberry fans, here’s a little something: