As the temp drops, and winter nears, what a better way to stay warm than curled up with a nice big mug of hot cocoa. Considering the cost of GOOD hot cocoa mixes going up, I decided to try to make my own, not just for myself.
I used the recipe below is a guide and added my own flavor mix to it with 1/4 cup of crushed candy canes and and 1/2 cup of chocolate malted powder. It is oh so good!!!
Just to note: Want to make a “No Sugar Added” version, use 2 cups of Splenda or 1 cup of Splenda Baking Blend. Be sure to run it through a coffee grinder to get a powder consistency.
Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 1/2 cups dry milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup powdered coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- In a mixing bowl combine dry milk powder, powdered sugar, creamer, and cocoa.
- Store in airtight container.
READY FOR A CUP?
For each serving, place 1/3 cup of the mix in a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling water.