Fall is here! It’s the best season of the year. The leaves begin to change color. The air is crisper. It’s also time for pumpkin picking!
Since we haven’t made the trip to get pumpkins just yet, Carlo and I got into the spirit of things by baking a low-carb-friendly pumpkin pie. Though there is no crust, it’s not missed at all. Having a crust would probably do a disservice to the flavor combinations in this pie recipe.
You do not need to be on any low-carb diet to enjoy this one. It’s that good! I cannot wait to make this again.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Source: Linda’s Low Carb Menus & Recipes
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
- 1/4 cup caramel or vanilla sugar free syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (see my comment below)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl; beat well with an electric mixer. Pour into a buttered 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350º 45-55 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack, then chill well before serving. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings
Freezing not recommended