Yesterday evening, Carmella and I felt like having an after dinner snack. Carm suggested that we look at Linda’s Low Carb Menus & Recipes to find a yummy after dinner nosh that didn‘t breach our low-carb diet commitment. I ended up finding Momov2boys Cocoa Flax Cookies which were a breeze to make and took under 15 minutes from prep to table. The cookies not only looked good but they tasted quite nice. They weren’t overly sweet and had a nutty undertone. I hope you enjoy them like we did.
I found that freezing the cookies for several hours gave them an even better taste.
Momov2boys Cocoa Flax Cookies
Source: Linda’s Low Carb Menus & Recipes
- 1 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Da Vinci sugar free syrup (We used their German Chocolate Cake flavored syrup at the recommendation we saw on the site)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put the flax meal in a small bowl. Sift in the cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and syrup; mix well with a spoon.
- Drop 16 equal size mounds on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly (they won’t spread during baking).
- Bake at 350º for 7-9 minutes, or until set.
Makes 16 cookies
Can be frozen
Per Cookie: 46 Calories; 3g Fat; 2g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1.5g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carb
Per 2 Cookies: 92 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb