Today is Carlo’s birthday! YAY!! He’s the big 4-1, though you wouldn’t know it. He’s been excited about his birthday for the last week, and has acted like a kid on Christmas morning.
In between whines of “What did you get me?” and shouts that everyday in September his his birthday, I came up with a plan for a birthday dinner for just the two of us. Carlo wanted to be surprised, but also said he wanted stuffed peppers, which are his favorite. After thinking long and hard about what to make, I came up with the following:
- Bed of Romaine with Greek Vinagrette, Topped with Bacon & Fontina Cheese Crisps
- Roasted Stuffed Peppers with Italian-Spiced Crumbled Turkey
- Cream ‘n Spice Asparagus Rolls (recipe to be posted later)
- Espresso-Infused Crème Brûlée (recipe to be posted later)
- Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes (recipe to be posted later)
- Iced Coffee
Ok. So some of the stuff isn’t low carb, but we decided to make today a “cheat” day. I also should add that the desserts were sugar-free. We kept it healthy as best we could.
In addition to the dinner, Carlo received a gift card to Old Navy (he loves that store), a new controller of our Wii and a copy of Madden 09. My mom and aunt also gave him nice gifts, while his parents serenaded him with their renditions of “Happy Birthday” (We’ll be visiting them this weekend).
Overall, Carlo said today was a nice day. His favorite part he said was when I gave him a birthday kiss. His least favorite part was when he had to go to work.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLO! I LOVE YOU!