What luck! A great season for blackberries!! We’ve been snacking on these just about everyday. They’re so delicious that I wanted to make a dessert with them.
I found the following yummy recipe from RecipeZaar (my current fave recipe site). The only thing I did differently was to use 1/2 cup of Splenda Baking Blend instead of sugar. It’s a must-try and is perfect topped with a scoop of ice cream.
Source: Recipezaar.com Recipe #19713 , submitted by Lane
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2-1 cup sugar (subjective ingredient so add according to your taste)
- Mix blackberries and sugar; let stand 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and milk in ungreased 8 inch square pan; stir in butter until blended; spread evenly in pan.
- Spoon blackberries over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden.
- Serve warm.