For dinner tonight, I heated up some beef brisket that my mom brought over (already cooked). I couldn’t figure out what to make for sides. Since we had some brussel sprouts from Trader Jose’s, I boiled, then drained them before mixing with 2 tablespoons of butter and salt and pepper. We had some red potatoes in a bag (also from TJ’s) and I decided that I wanted to roast them. I found this recipe at CDKitchen.com. The only thing I did differently was to use rosemary instead of thyme. They came out great!!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 pounds red new potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the potatoes, oil and thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast until tender and crisp, tossing the potatoes twice during the roasting process, about 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe from CDKitchen for Roasted Red Potatoes serves/makes 4