Mmmm Minty Fresh!
I’m an on ice cream making trip right now. Last week, I made Cake Batter Ice Cream and it was delightful!!! So this weekend, I wanted to try something different. I’ve always been a fan of chocolate chip ice cream (mint chocolate chip, chocolate chocolate chip among others). I decided to try out the below recipe from Recipezaar. It was oh so good! Carlo couldn’t stop licking the spoon.
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or less
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl stir together milk, whipping cream, sugar,salt,vanilla and peppermint extracts until sugar is dissolved.
- Drop food coloring in a this time if desired.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and fellow manufacturer’s directions.
- After 10 minutes into freezing add chocolate chips.
- After ice maker has finish its process, put ice cream in a container to fit and freeze in the freezer for 2 hours to harden more.