One of my favorite ice cream flavors is Cake Batter Ice Cream. After learning about Ben & Jerry’s latest ice cream, Yellow Cake Batter Ice Cream with a Chocolate Frosting Swirl , I was inspired to try to make my own (minus the chocolate frosting).
BTW, I absolutely love having the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen-Aid!
I came across a great recipe from Recipezaar. All of the great reviews were spot on! It was so simple!
The ice cream came out amazing. Carlo and I were actually dipping our fingers into the left over bits in the freezer bowl. It was sooooooo good!
You just have to try it!
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled (I actually used fat free milk, since that’s what I had)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used Splenda instead)
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cake mix (I used Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix)
- Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. It is better to keep it in there 24/7 that way it is always ready.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla to taste.
- Stir in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container.
- Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden.