So today’s been a big cooking day. As I type, I have chili in the slow cooker. It should be ready by 11:30 or so. Carlo can have it for his lunch tomorrow. I hope it comes out good.
This morning, while checking our recipes, I came across this really cool one from Recipezaar. Who would have thought that William Shatner would writing recipes?!?!? So I thought I’d try it out, and I must say that it came out GREAT!!!
Here’s the recipe from the site:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Notes: I used Splenda in place of sugar and International Coffee’s Italian Cappuccino coffee in place of espresso powder. I also used unbleached white flour, 1/2 teaspoon of organic cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease muffin tins or line with paper baking cups.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Beat the egg together with the milk and the melted butter. Add the vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients along with the chocolate chips and mix until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake until just done, approximately 20 minutes.
I’m going to freeze the muffins so we can have them during the week. They’re going to be awesome with a cup of Stumptown coffee!!
Happy Saturday Night!